Monday, October 13, 2008

VICTIMS OF THE SYSTEM

Crime victims across New Jersey are unnecessarily suffering due to multiple failures of our political system. The state government agency charged with compensating innocent victims of violent crime was operating like a well-oiled machine for the last two and one half years. It is now a mess; failing to serve victims and forfeiting funds.

I am Ed Werner. It was my privilege to serve as the head of that agency from December 27, 2005 until July 16, 2008. The agency I inherited had many good people who were expert in their work and sincerely cared about helping victims. Unfortunately, like much of New Jersey government, it was riddled with corruption. I did my best to keep the agency operating at a high level while rooting out waste, fraud, and abuse wherever I found it.

As you will read below, I accomplished both, and the government has tried to ruin me for it.
The saddest part of all is the unnecessary suffering of the innocent victims with nowhere else to turn.

Copyright (c) 2008 Edward Werner. All rights reserved

No comments: